Someone with a lot of money to spend (and possibly insider knowledge) has taken an unusually bullish stance on NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA).
And retail traders should know.
Looking at options activity for NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA) we detected 36 unusual trades. If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 55.56% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 44.44% with bearish. From the overall spotted trades, 5 are puts, for a total amount of $2,483,942 and 31, calls, for a total amount of $3,118,461.
What’s The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that the smart money is targeting a price range from $145.0 to $250.0 for NVIDIA in the over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
In terms of liquidity and interest, the total open interest for NVIDIA big money options trades today is 100,882 with a total volume of 276,845.
In the following chart, we are able to follow the development of volume and open interest of call and put options for NVIDIA’s big money trades within a strike price range of $145.0 to $250.0 over the last 30 days.
NVIDIA Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is NVIDIA Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 12,225,643, the price of NVDA is up 2.81% over the last 24 hours at $212.82.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock is currently neutral between overbought and oversold.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 41 days.
What The Experts Say On NVIDIA:
- B of A Securities has decided to maintain their Buy rating on NVIDIA, which currently sits at a price target of $275.0.
- Keybanc has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on NVIDIA, which currently sits at a price target of $260.0.
- Susquehanna has decided to maintain their Positive rating on NVIDIA, which currently sits at a price target of $250.0.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely. If you are already an options trader or would like to get started, head on over to Benzinga Pro. Benzinga Pro gives you up-to-date news and analytics to empower your investing and trading strategy.