Press release content from Business Wire. The AP news staff was not involved in its creation.
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Nov 9, 2021–
The “Business Travel Market by Service, Industry, Traveler: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast 2021-2028” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global business travel market was valued at $695.9 billion in 2020, and is expected to reach $2,001.1 billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 13.2% from 2021 to 2028.
Business travel is a division of regular tourism in which people travel for a business-oriented purpose. It includes transportation, accommodation, business work, entertainment, and other activities. Global travel & tourism industry is one of the largest industries with global economic contribution of more than $9000 billion. According to World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC), the global travel & tourism sector contributed to around $9.2 trillion to the global GDP (Gross Domestic Product) in 2019. The business travel segment witnesses the highest growth rate in this industry, as employees working in multinational organizations are often required to travel across various countries for business purposes. In business tourism, destinations are commercial places, which are well-developed and suited for trade work.
Numerous companies operating in the global business travel market are trying to provide well-managed and cost-effective programs to the customers with the rise in demand for business travel management. The business travel market growth is driven by the expansion of the travel & tourism industry, surge in government initiatives for the development of meetings, incentives, conferences, and events (MICE) segment & small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) sector, and increase in globalization of businesses. However, surge in adoption of advanced technology such as video conferencing hampers the market growth, as it is cost-effective and less time-consuming as compared to travelling. Conversely, increase in infrastructural investment and rapid growth in the travel retail market are anticipated to provide lucrative opportunities for the business travel market.
The outbreak of COVID-19 emerged as a major threat to the global travel & tourism industry that severely deteriorated the business travel industry. The pandemic led to cancellation of almost all the major business travel activities and MICE events across the globe. Moreover, the wide spread penetration of online video conferencing platforms such as Zoom and Google Meet, due to travel restrictions is expected to compete with the players operating in the global business travel market in the future. The adoption of video conferencing platforms is serving the needs of many companies for meetings and conferences and is also adopted by them as a cost control measure as companies are avoiding the costly business travel expenses. In this way, COVID-19 has changed the competitive landscape of the global business travel market and is anticipated to have a long-term effect.
The global business travel market is segmented based on the service, industry, traveler, and region. Based on service, it is segmented into transportation, food & lodging, and recreation. On the basis of industry, the business travel market is segmented into government and corporate. The business travel market, on the basis of traveler, is categorized into group and solo traveler. By region, the global business travel market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
According to the business travel market forecast, based on service, the food & lodging segment is expected to be the fastest-growing segment, growing at a CAGR of 14.2% during the forecast period. The food & lodging was also the dominating segment, garnering around 50.3% market share in 2020. The growing penetration of hotel booking agents such as Airbnb and Oravel Stays, are fostering the growth of the food & lodging segment.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global business travel market, with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market.
- Current and future trends are outlined in the report to determine the overall market attractiveness and single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the market.
- The report provides information regarding drivers, restraints, and opportunities with impact analysis.
- A quantitative analysis of the current market and estimation for the same from 2020 to 2028 is provided to showcase the financial competency of the market.
- Porter’s five forces model of the industry illustrates competitiveness of the market by analyzing various parameters such as threat of new entrants, threat of substitutes, bargaining power of the buyers, and bargaining power of the suppliers operating in the market.
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practices followed by the leading market players across various regions.
- Globalization is positively impacting business travel
- Rapid growth of SMEs
- Development of global tourism industry
- Growing adoption of ICT technology
- Adoption of different technological advancements
- Growing infrastructure
- Airbnb Inc.
- American Express
- BCD Group
- Booking Holdings Inc.
- Carlson Wagonlit Travel
- Corporate Travel Management
- Expedia Inc.
- Flight Centre Travel Group Limited
- Wexas Limited
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/c9hw2v
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211109006311/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: OTHER TRAVEL TRAVEL
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 11/09/2021 12:20 PM/DISC: 11/09/2021 12:22 PM