Press release content from Business Wire. The AP news staff was not involved in its creation.
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Nov 16, 2021–
The “Professional Acne Treatment Market Research Report: By Acne Type, Treatment Type, Professional Type – Global Industry Analysis and Demand Forecast to 2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global professional acne treatment market value is predicted to reach $13,124.5 million by 2030 from $6,298.9 million in 2020, at a 7.6% CAGR between 2020 and 2030, according to the market research report.
Key findings of this study
- Treatments via devices to become rapidly popular in coming years
- Professional treatment sought more commonly for inflammatory acne
- Strong drug pipeline key driver for market growth
- North America largest market for professional acne treatments
- APAC to offer lucrative growth opportunities in future
- Market fragmented due to presence of numerous companies
The COVID-19 pandemic had a negative effect on the professional acne treatment market as almost all the cosmeticians and dermatologists were forced to down their shutters, to comply with the lockdown protocols. Similarly, companies that produce drugs and devices for acne treatment were non-operational or functional at a rather small scale, which reduced the supply and trade of the products. On the demand side, people were discouraged from spending on non-essential stuff as many were under immense financial stress.
The coming years will be characterized by the faster growth of the inflammatory bifurcation in the professional acne treatment market, on the basis of acne type. This kind of acne is considered severer than the non-inflammatory type, and it is often painful. Additionally, inflammatory acne cannot be cured by most of the drugs available over the counter (OTC), which is why a professional’s intervention is preferred.
The larger share in the treatment type segment of the professional acne treatment market in the past was held by the drugs bifurcation. Drugs are readily available, and treatment via them is less complex and costly than that carried out by devices.
Dermatologists are expected to dominate the professional acne treatment market in the near future, under segmentation by professional type. Compared to cosmeticians, dermatologists have a larger knowledge base and more experience in treating acne, which is why they remain popular among patients.
North America is the largest professional acne treatment market owing to the rising prevalence of this condition, increasing awareness on new drugs and devices, presence of many more drugs in the pipeline of pharma companies, such as Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer Inc., and Bausch Health Companies Inc., and high disposable income of the people of the continent.
- Product launches and investments in R&D
- Increasing number of strategic collaborations
- Rising adoption of acne treatments
- Increasing prevalence of acne
- Strong product pipeline
- Adoption of sedentary lifestyle
- Impact Analysis of Drivers on Market Forecast
- Side-effects associated with acne drugs
- Availability of alternative treatments
- Impact Analysis of Restraints on Market Forecast
- Huge potential in emerging markets
- Galderma SA
- Johnson & Johnson
- Bausch Health Companies Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- CHEPLAPHARM Arzneimittel GmbH
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Bayer AG
- Perrigo Company plc
- Almirall S.A.
- Lumenis Ltd.
- Candela Corporation
- Alma Lasers Ltd.
- Cutera Inc.
- Sciton Inc.
- EL.EN. S.p.a.
- Fotona d.o.o.
- Venus Concept Inc.
- Erchonia Corporation
- InMode Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/sueo0b
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211116006023/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: MEDICAL DEVICES HEALTH COSMETICS RETAIL PHARMACEUTICAL
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 11/16/2021 10:08 AM/DISC: 11/16/2021 10:08 AM