Indian equity markets ended Friday on a positive note despite the intraday volatility. The BSE Sensex closed with the gains of 142 points or 0.24 per cent at 59,744.65 while the broader market Nifty50 ended at 17,812.70, up 70 points or 0.4 per cent.
Over the week the gains extended by the benchmark indies were around 2.5 per cent. Meanwhile Nifty Bank jumped by over 6 per cent to settle at 37,739.60.
The Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs) bought equities in the cash market worth Rs 496 cr while the Domestic Institutional Investors (DIIs) were nete sellers on the last day of the week, selling equities worth Rs 115 cr in the cash markets.
Zee Business Managing Editor said that FII action could be a key determinant in how markets move when they reopen on Monday. He also said that mid cap and small cap are expected to remain in action ahead of the Budget 2022.
We bring a list of triggers that could play a key role for the entire next week. Here are a few top ones:
1) Monday 10 January – Japanese markets to remain closed.
2) 7 New Indices will be launched in F&O effective from 10 January 2022 – Nift Midcap Select, Nifty total Market, Nifty Microcap 250, Nifty India Digital, Nifty 100 ESG, Nifty Midcap150 Quality 50, Nifty India Manufacturing.
3) GMR Iinfra: January, February and March F&O contracts to expire on this day. The expiry will be owing to adjustments in stocks. New F&O contracts will be issued on 11 January.
4) RailTel: Board Meeting on interim dividend issue to take place on this day. The record date is 21 January.
5) Cheviot Co’s buyback will open on 10 January. Plans to buy 2.50 lakh shares via ordinary share tender route.
6) Anand Rathi Wealth’s anchor lock-in to end on this day. Anchor book worth Rs 194 cr.
7) Spandana Sphoorthy: Board meeting over fund raise issue
8) Gravita India Ltd: Board meeting over fund raise issue.
9) RPP Infra: date for Final call for paying for Partly Paid-up share starts from 10 January. It ends on 24 January.
10) Ipca Lab: Ex-date of Stock Split from Rs 2 per share to Re1 per share.
11) HP Adhesives to be out of T to T segment with effect from January 10, 2022
12) Tuesday – 11 January- Escorts’ open offer likely to open between 11 and 26 January. The open offer which is priced at Rs 2000 per share could be delayed.
13) Wednesday – 12 January – November IIP and December CPI data to be release on this day.
14) Ajanta Pharma: record date for share buyback. Size 11,20,000; Price: Rs 2550/share.
15) Thursday -13 January – Indo Amines share split ex-date. Investors to get 2 shares for every 1 share.
16) Friday – 14 January – December WPI data to be released on this day.
17) ISMT/Kirloskar Ferrous Industries – Open offer will open on this day. Likely to close on 28 January. Files draft offer letter with SEBI. KFIL has commenced an open offer for acquiring up to 25.05% of the resultant voting capital of ISMT (Offer Price: Rs 31.84/sh) (known earlier).
18) Brookfield India Real Estate Trust: EGM on 14 January.
19) Rategain: anchor lock-in period to end on this day. Anchor Book is worth Rs 599 cr for
20) Shriram Properties: anchor lock-in period to end on this day. Anchor Book is worth Rs 269 cr for the latter.
The research was done by Zee Business’ Kushal Gupta.
(Disclaimer: The views/suggestions/advices expressed here in this article is solely by investment experts. Zee Business suggests its readers to consult with their investment advisers before making any financial decision.)